Another Neat Trick or Hack
NOTE... If you are using PivotX version 2.2.6 or later, this hack is now easier than ever to use, because it is now an extension (that works only with PivotX version 2.2.6 or later). In fact, the results you see in the comments below are now being handled by the extension. You can get more information on it here.
NOTE... As this can now be found in extension format, the hack will no longer be updated or supported.
I have hacked another part of pivot. This time, when you comment to any of these entries, you send your browser's useragent information along with your comment. This information tells whatever site you're visiting what OS you're using, what version of an OS, what web browser you're using, what version that browser is, and any add-ons to either the OS or browser.
So, I then take that information and parse it so that when you comment, two little icons appear next to your name showing your OS and browser. Try it out!
- The Pivot Forums: that link is to a topic regarding this hack for Pivot 1.x. It includes a how-to.
- The PivotX Forums: coming soon, a link to a topic regarding this hack for PivotX 2.x. In that topic is included a how-to.
- useragent.tar.gz: this file contains everything you need to make the changes to your Pivot 1.x blog, including images, a file with some php codes, and a step-by-step set of instructions for implementing this hack. It is actually quite easy to do.
- useragentx.tar.gz: this file contains everything you need to make the changes to your PivotX 2.x blog, including images, a file with some php codes, and a step-by-step set of instructions for implementing this hack. It is very easy to do (easier than for Pivot 1.x).
- This is a list of supported OSes and browsers. If you don't see yours on there, drop me a line (just like it says on that page).